English Series with JIIA
Since 2018, we have been working with the Japan Institute of International Affairs (JIIA) on an English publication series. So far, 18 titles have been published with one having been published in collaboration with a US-based publisher. Below is a list of the titles that can be found on the JPIC International homepage as well as JIIA's website (Japanese only).
- The Bonds of the Japan-US Alliance: The Japan-US Security Treaty and the Search for Mutuality by Sakamoto Kazuya
- Closed Linguistic Space: Censorship by the Occupation Forces and Postwar Japan by Eto Jun
- Contested Perceptions: Relations between China, Korea, and Japan since the Seventeenth Century by Okamoto Takashi
- The Economics of Colonialism in Korea: Rethinking Japanese Rule and Aftermath by Kimura Mitsuhiko
- Empire of the Seas: Thinking about Asia by Shiraishi Takashi
- Examining Heisei Japan, Vol. I: Diplomacy and Security by Kitaoka Shinichi, Kokubun Ryosei, Nakanishi Hiroshi, Shiraishi Takashi, and Tanaka Akihiko
- Fencing in the Dark: Japan, China, and the Senkakus by Sunohara Tsuyoshi
- From Party Politics to Militarism in Japan, 1924-1941 by Kitaoka Shinichi
- Hatred Has No Future: New Thinking on Relations with Japan by Ma Licheng
- The History of Takeshima and Japan: Historical Accounts and Stories from the San'in Region by Sugihara Takashi
- Japan-China Relations through the Lens of Chinese Politics by Kokubun Ryosei
- The Occupation of Japan, 1945-1952: Tokyo, Washington, and Okinawa by Fukunaga Fumio
- The Pacific War and Japan's Diplomacy in Asia by Hatano Sumio
- The Tokyo Trial: War Criminals and Japan's Postwar International Relations by Higurashi Yoshinobu
Okazaki Hisahiko series
Within the JIIA series is a collection of books by Okazaki Hisahiko, profiling important figures in Japan's diplomatic history.
- Komura Jutaro and His Time
- Shideharu Kijuro and His Time
- Shigemitsu and Togo and Their Time
- Yoshida Shigeru and His Time
※Althought part of the collection of books by Okazaki Hisahiko, the additional title Mutsu Munemitsu and His Time was published via the Japan Library series.
Examining Heisei Japan series
Also within the JIIA series is a planned collection of original anthologies covering different aspects of Heisei-era Japan: diplomacy and security, economy, politics, and society and culture.